Hi, I’m Jo.
Ever since going through a career change and moving to live in another country, I’ve been fascinated by what stops us from doing what we really want to do, and what we can do to overcome this.
How can we deal with fear, worry and uncertainty?
How can we change negative behaviours and thoughts?
How can we deal with self-doubt, lack of confidence and indecision?
How can we appreciate and enjoy the present whilst moving towards the things we want to achieve?
I quit my job
In 2015 I left the job I had been doing for the past decade, working in advertising at an international magazine publishing company.
I had been feeling trapped and unsatisfied for a looooong time, and frustrated with myself in seemingly not being able to move on. It was time for a career change.
I went on to…
- work as a freelance translator
- learn to salsa in Cuba (read this Salsa for Beginners)
- teach English and tutor in touch-typing
- complete a teacher training course and get a CELTA qualification (teaching English as a Foreign language)
- worry about what I was going to do next and how I was going to earn money, whilst relishing my new-found freedom
- spend a lot of time reading and listening to podcasts on career change and living your dream, in the hope of finding inspiration, direction and answers to the questions above!
- moved to live in Valencia after YEARS of fighting the urge to live abroad again
- massively improved my Spanish and developed a taste for café con leche
- gained a life coaching qualification
- started working with coaching clients alongside working remotely for a small education company promoting literacy.
- appeared in a couple of articles for Careershifters: Success Story – from job to – Portfolio career and Expert Advice – How To Finance Your Career Change)
- coached many brilliant clients to help them move towards what they really wanted to do
A few of my favourite things…
*Going for walks and being outside
*Listening to podcasts & reading & tea drinking & chocolate eating
*Yoga and playing squash
Above all, I love to inspire, motivate, encourage, keep things positive.
Thanks for visiting.
*If you’d like to book some coaching sessions with me email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/joannaopoku/
*Sign up for my newsletter here: Newsletter sign-up
*Download my free guide to improving your morning routine here: